Friday 10 August 2012

10 on 10 August

Ten photos over ten hours on the tenth day of the month.
Linking up with a bit of sunshine 10 on 10

For a presence defined as, 'colourless and odourless' Sydney was completely enveloped by its power today. Gusty, blustery, gale force winds bore down on this Friday's 10 on 10


I admit, preparing daily lunches for the kids is not up there on my list of favourite things to do, but my husband lovingly reminds me, to be grateful I have a family to prepare lunches for.

Working as a teacher meant today, Friday, was the last day of my working week. I love these sweet paintings that greet me in the foyer each day. They were a gift to the school a year ago form leaving students.

A variety of 'cuddle friends' have recently taken residence on the book shelf in my classroom. The children are allowed to cuddle them when I read stories. We are currently loving 'The Muddle Headed Wombat'. Wombat's cuddle friend is called 'Tedda', a bald, glassy eyed, one legged teddy bear he collected from the tip.

Ole Mrs Scarecrow, who lives in the school veggie patch has seen better days. She was feeling the wind in her hair today as her fragile plastic bag arms were flapped crazily by each gust that blew.

 Legs 11, my class love a quick game of bingo.

Friday is canteen day. Special orders of wedges and chicken strips were on the menu today.

These rustic old paintbrushes are housed in my classroom. I love to image the stories they could tell of paintings created by innocent little artists.

Driving home from work I watched over protective mothers swaddling their little ones in mittens, ear muffs and scarves. My little one was heading out to the football this afternoon. His overprotective mother demanded a beanie on head.

I could not resist these late afternoon blossoms. We grew them in the front garden of our old house, where we lived when the girls were born. They remind me of the birth of my our Laura who celebrates her 15th birthday on Tuesday.

I have photographed countless images of this view from our bedroom window. I often refer to them as 'Room with a View'. I never tire of what it has to offer. This evening I was very taken by the fiery limb willing the branches to resist the wind.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful ten on ten, it was very cold & windy- probably good that you had some 'cuddle friends' to keep you warm! The sky that you've captured is stunning, that cloud really does look like an arm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice set! I love those two paintings that greet you every morning, they are very cute.
    And I really like how you captured the paintbrushes, all those different colors.
    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too would be very pleased to be greeted at work by those lovely paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the world and leaving a comment. I'm glad you did because that meant I was able to come enjoy this post! Your pictures are great!!! Obviously you are very talented!!! I wondered where you lived since it was such a cool, windy day. But I see you are in Australia!!! Such a neat place!!!! Hope you all have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG wasn't that wind craaazzzzyyy!!!! I think the scarecrow pic wins it for me in this set. Love the movement in it as it really does emphasise how bad it was today.
    PS what a great scarecrow :)

    ReplyDelete