Sunday 10 June 2012

10 on 10 June 2012

 ten on ten button
The past couple of winter days have been masquerading as sunny sparkling friends. Today, however, would have us believe that it really is WINTER! Wet overnight, a dull morning followed by more of the same. Let's see if we can add some zing into this Sunday's June 10 on 10.

Goal of the Day
Sort, fold and iron the washing.

The past couple of beautiful days have made me a slave to hanging washing, today I pay the price of sorting, folding and ironing.

Heading to Church proved a challenge as I discovered the car had a flat battery. Quick response from the NRMA meant I was "good to go".

I teach Sunday School, although they call it Cornerstone at our Church. The little people in my care are so enthusiastic.

Nick heading to a party. Hurry and write on the card honey, your lift will be here any minute. (Please note the mountain of washing in the background is still not done.)

Time to stop for lunch - a winter warmer of zucchini and leek soup.

Laura was working on an English Assignment about representing gender in print media.

 Rachel was working on an English assignment 'Whose Life is it anyway?'

Tim was working on reports so that left me with a little free time to start a new book. 'The book Thief ', a little strange to begin with but I will hang in there. I am missing Katniss from the 'Hunger Games', my last read.

Hot chocolates all round

"A grey old day indeed", said the magpie to no one in particular...


And I know you are wondering if I achieved today's goal of finishing the washing.....
Well of course I did, I had the pressure of an audience. (I seem to be missing the photographic evidence though)

7 comments:

  1. Looks like an industrious day for all in your house. Lovely ten on ten, I just posted mine too. Love your last 'grey old day' shot, the magpie is perfect..I loved the book thief!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you seem to have had a good day!!
    Love the view of the top of the tree's...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your photos, they are so colorful and fun to look at. But I also like the 'grey old day', very moody.
    Glad to hear you finished the laundry :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss Katniss too! Your last shot is beautiful. Even if it's a grey day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, I love ten on ten! I always mean to do it and I even started on Sunday but I can never manage to do it. Goal achievement's not my strong suit - let's see how the 100 postcards goes! Great to 'meet' you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heya Max......
    Sorry I have not been by for a LONG while. Love this entry. Def recognise all those mags....LOL. If memory also serves....when I was at school...we did Whose Life is it Anyway? LOL at allt he wash....sadly this past week does not lend itself to very 'green' solutions!! ooxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. *Definitely stick with 'The Book Thief'... it is one of the best books I've read!
    *New goal for me... Give 10 on 10 a go... next month of course! ;)
    *PS. Love the grey day!

    ReplyDelete