Thursday 1 September 2011

2119 Beecroft

Knowing where to start new projects requires some deliberation. I took the advice of my dad who said, "the beginning is always the best place to start." Inspired by Louise Hawson's photoblog-book-exhibition, '52 Suburbs', my friend Arpana and I want to capture the suburbs of Sydney the way we each see them. On Saturday 27th August 2011, the beginning we found ourselves at was in postcode 2119 at the letter B. 

B is for be, bee, Beecroft. I thought Beecroft would be a good place to start as it is close to home and the biannual Arden School Fair was being held there that day. My children went  to the school and I have fond memories of fairs gone by. 

Not really knowing what theme to photograph, I was encouraged by Arpana to have an open mind. I took a selection of photographs depicting what I saw in Beecroft the day we were there. Unplanned as it was, all the photographs I have chosen to publish are themed around  the letter B. So thanks dad, the beginning was the best place to start.


there's a bear in there 
 









































balloons and blooms @ the Arden Fair on the Village Green 

bubblegum and chocolate buttons
backs 
fair bunting to high street beauty

bemused barista Nick @ the BPO
Beginnings... my children began school here
bowlers and balls




balustrade and blossom on Hannah Street



































































































 















































































































































































































































































































































































9 comments:

  1. Brilliant!!!!!!
    I have sooo been looking forwrad to seeing these. Love the the bunting and post; and the balustrade and blossom is a very clever pairing. Great job Max!!!!
    PS will be checking out picnik too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shot Max, so colourful! I love your bunting & beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice work mum (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. great shots

    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving the Beecroft pics! So beautiful. You have a great eye!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful - so looking forward to some inspirational and heartfelt shots....Hapy shooting.Love RObyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your perspective on these Max. The colour and contrast is awesome. So looking fwd to seeing more. Even snuck in the Alex Perry tag....always the girly girl...hee hee hee. ooxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, love this idea and your photography! Love all the details you've captured. I'm looking forward to following along.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had a coffee with friends at the Beecroft P.O. and he had exactly the same look on his face!!! Absolutely love these photos, what an amazing eye you have, love Les xo

    ReplyDelete